01 January 2014

Happy New Years!

bespectacled, new years, resolutions

Wearing: Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum; H&M white t-shirt

Happy new years everyone and welcome to 2014! I've spent my day eating leftover new years eve food (barbeque), watched the season premiere of Sherlock (loved it), and taking photos of various products and what not. I always make resolutions that I hardly ever keep, but I think if I post them here I'll be reminded all the time and hopefully be able to fulfill them, so here we go:

Blog more often This is self-explanatory. I keep neglecting my blog out of pure laziness sometimes and I really want to try and put out more content and different types of content. Some I'm planning that 2014 would see a big change in productivity for my blog and in general. Oh and have more personal style posts! I didn't intend to be a beauty blog, since I'm pretty new to makeup and skincare and whatnot, but have more of a balance between beauty & style.

Start up a YouTube channel I have the camera and I'm still trying to work out the logistics of video-editing and making sure my camera focuses! I think that YouTube is a good place to branch out and some things are a bit easier to show in video, right? Although I probably have to get my room situated a bit better since that's where I plan on filming!

Finish more books I'm notorious for buying new books while in the middle of others. At the moment I'm in the process of finishing around 5 books and there are so many more that I'd like to start. That feels like the central theme here, right? I end up starting a lot of things but I don't follow through enough. I hope to finish things that I've started this year.

Network I read tons of blogs and watch lots of different YouTube channels but hardly ever leave comments because I'm of that mindset that I'm bothering/annoying them somehow? I don't know, it's a strange habit and I do want to make friends so I'm going to try and get over my strange quirk and interact with others a bit better.

And of course your usual eat healthier/exercise more/save more money resolutions apply here as well. I have a juicer at home and have dabbled a bit without having the habit stick. I don't get nearly enough vegetables/fruit in my diet and I really want to change that (especially since I've been a bit more conscious of my weight gain since I'm been home). And while I don't spend money like crazy I'm hoping to be able to get my family nice things/take them out more often.

Anyway, expect a "best of 2013 beauty" post next! Do you have new years resolutions, if so what are they? I hope everyone's had a lovely holiday and here's hoping that 2014 will be a good one!

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)