2013 Beauty Favorites

Saturday, January 04, 2014

2013 beauty favorites, skincare, lush the olive branch shower gel, origins drink up intensive overnight mask, medline remedy nutrashield skin protectant cream

Medline Remedy Nutrashield Skin Protectant Cream, Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, Lush The Olive Branch Shower Gel

Warning: This is going to be a bit of a long post! I decided to skip December favorites because I had planned on doing a overall favorites post, but some of my favorites from my last month ended up being on this list as well. But without further ado, here are my beauty-related favorites from last year. I've included links of wear these products have first appeared so you can see them in action or my thoughts on them as well. I've broken them up to categories for easier reading, starting with skincare.

Skincare
Unfortunately there weren't too many skincare products that I absolutely loved last year. I was considering putting up the Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser as I absolutely adored that but about 4 months in the product started to go rancid, which I thought was so strange. I immediately stopped using it and am still on the hunt for a cleanser as good as that but honestly, if I'm paying $22 for a 5.0 fl oz facial cleanser, I want to be able to use ALL of it. But anyway, onto the good! The only new product is the Medline Remedy Nutrashield Skin Protectant which I primarily on the skin affected by my eczema and dry patches like my knees and elbows and it is the strangest texture. It's a very thick cream but when you rub it in it isn't greasy at all and it's just a bit weird, but welcome. It's been excellent at keeping my skin hydrated (although it doesn't help with itchiness) without irritation or scents. I highly recommend if you have patches of skin that's been dry, especially this season. And since it's non-greasy, it works well for hands as well.

nail polish, 2013 beauty favorites,

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Polish in 260 Candy Corn, Revlon Nail Polish in 915 Creme Brulee, Revlon Perfumerie Scented Nail Enamel in Bordeaux

Nail Polish
Because I've been a bit more interested in nail polish I think my nail biting tendencies have dropped a bit, which is good. I find myself gravitating more towards nail polishes that are not your standard ones, like weird textures or colors, metallics, and even scented ones. I always find myself overlooking nail polishes though because I'm just awful at putting them on and am always having to redo them because they've chipped or what not. I've picked up a new nail polish the other day, so I hope it's the start of trying out new brands and different colors.

2013 beauty favorites, perfume, les notes de lanvin orange ambre eau de toilette

Les Notes de Lanvin Orange Ambre Eau de Toilette

Perfume
I'm surprised as you to see a perfume amongst my favorites since I'm so absolutely picky about my scents. I'm so picky that if I don't quite like a scent in a product I cannot use it and actually prefer unscented products as much as possible! However, this is a surprising pleasant scent for me. I can't seem to find any links for this product online and am pretty sure that they no longer make this perfume any longer; I bought this in this French-ish-themed hotel that my family and I stayed at near San Francisco last week. Anyway, this starts off as a very orange/citrus scent and fades into something more musky. While it's not the longest lasting perfume around I absolutely adore the scent and will probably be wearing this a lot this upcoming year.

2013 beauty favorites, neutrogena healthy skin enhancer, maybelline fit me concealer, e.l.f. liquid eyeliner, neutrogena nourishing eyeliner, e.l.f. brow kit, maybelline color tattoo, pixi correction concentrate

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer in 40 Neutral to Tan, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Medium, e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner, Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner in 30 Spiced Chocolate, e.l.f. Brow Kit, Maybelline Color Tattoo in 30 Pomegrante Punk, pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach

Face & Eye Makeup
I think I've used all of these products before in previous FOTD posts, so if you'd like to see them in action. Surprisingly, I've actually never used the Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner in Spiced Chocolate in a FOTD post, even though it is absolutely one of my favorites, so I'll try and feature it in my next one. But I did talk about in my June 2013 Favorites, which was my very first favorites post!

lipstick, 2013 beauty favorites, OCC Lip Tar, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream, No7 Moisture Drench, fresh Sugar lip treatment, Revlon lip butter, covergirl jumbo gloss balm, revlon colorburst matte balm

OCC Lip Tars in Anime & Black Dahlia, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sao Paolo, No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Romantic, fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment, Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in 230 Berry Twist, Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 225 Sultry

Lipsticks
And last but not least, lipsticks! 2013 was the year I discovered my love for lipsticks. If you go through my monthly favorites posts you'll notice that I include at least one lip product in every one of them. What can I say? I'm addicted. The last two in this photo are new products actually and I picked them up last month and enjoyed them enough that I put them here: they are the CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in 230 Berry Twist and the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 225 Sultry. I actually don't have any products from CoverGirl so I thought I'd pick something "safe" and go for one of their lip crayons. This is a sheer product and I don't quite find that it's that glossy despite its name, but I wanted to pick up a sheer lipstick that would just be easy to put on without a fuss and would work with anything I wore. And lastly, one of Revlon's newest addition to their lip crayon collection -- their matte balm. I adore this! While probably not quite as hydrating as you would suspect from a "balm" it's super easy to put on and I just really like mattes!

What beauty products did you love last year?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)