10 December 2013

november 2013 favorites

november 2013 favorites, monthly favorites, revlon parfumerie scented nail enamel bordeaux, maybelline color tattoo 30 pomegranate punk, boots no7 moisture drench lipstick romantic, revlon colorburst lip butter 085 sugar plum, occ lip tar anime black dahlia
 This is a long overdue post, I know. I won't make excuses, I know it's been a long time, but I will say that I have a few videos planned and those will be (hopefully) coming along this week. I am hesitating a bit because I'm nervous in putting myself out there like that, but I'll try and get over that and just haul my ass in gear and put some videos up! But enough about that, today's post is on my favorites for last month, so if you'd like to know what made it to my list, please click "read more".

Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel in Bordeaux
These are a recent release that I had wanted to try out when they first came up, especially since the scents weren't your typical scented nail polish scents and I do generally enjoy Revlon nail polishes. Bordeaux is this lovely dark red shade, perfect for this season I feel, and smells a bit like tamarind candy to me. Scents and colors are always difficult to describe because everyone experiences them differently, but my mom thinks it smells like berries and my sister thinks this smells like apple cider. I want to try out the "Italian Leather" & "Sunlit Grass" shades as well. In terms of lasting power, they last like other Revlon nail polishes, about 3-4 days without chipping and that's without a top coat. The scent lasts for about a day, day and a half, but you're still left with a pretty nail polish afterwards.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in 30 Pomegranate Punk
I won't go into too much about the color tattoos because I feel like everyone's gotten a feel for what they are/have read reviews on them. But I did pick up a different shade randomly after seeing it used in a youtube tutorial video so I had to try it out. The color name for this is a bit off for me, I think of pomegranates being a red color and this definitely hangs out on the plum side. I'm awful at putting eyeshadow on, but I think this is a really easy way to wear eyeshadow. I just put it all over the lid, put some eyeliner and then mascara and I'm done.

Boots No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in "Romantic" & Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 085 Sugar Plum
These two lipsticks have become my "don't want to wear too much color but still want to wear a lipstick" picks. I love the packaging for the No7 lipsticks, it feels and looks really expensive and more "adult" and the formulation is good. "Romantic" is a warm nude pink shade, which I think works well on me despite the fact that I don't normally gravitate towards nudes. The Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum is for those days where I just want more color on my lips and is a sheer plum color, perfect for this season I believe. The color on both of these lipsticks don't last long on the lips, but they're really easy to apply so I don't mind too much. I think I'll try out other colors from the No7 Moisture Drench line since I enjoy this one so much, and they were around $10 at Target.

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar minis in Black Dahlia & Anime
Sephora had this OCC Lip Tar All-Star Mini x4 Set for $20 and I asked for this for my birthday. Out of the four, these two are my favorite and I feel like they're the completely opposite to the two lip picks above. These are bold, in your face type of colors and I love them. I plan on doing a review and include swatches for this lip set at a later time. But so far I absolutely love this product. I highly recommend them if you're looking for new colors to try out or like matte formulas. I recommend a really good lip liner for this product as it does feather. And one thing I dislike about this brand is their name, "Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics", so on my blog if I try out any other products by them the label will be under "occ".

What was on your favorites list for November?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)