fotd #004

6:20 PM

bespectacled, fotd, smashbox photo finish hydrating under eye primer, pixi correction concentrate, maybelline color tattoo, maybelline fit me concealer, e.l.f. liquid eyeliner, rimmel scandaleyes flex mascara, revlon lip butter bespectacled, fotd, smashbox photo finish hydrating under eye primer, pixi correction concentrate, maybelline color tattoo, maybelline fit me concealer, e.l.f. liquid eyeliner, rimmel scandaleyes flex mascara, revlon lip butter bespectacled, fotd, smashbox photo finish hydrating under eye primer, pixi correction concentrate, maybelline color tattoo, maybelline fit me concealer, e.l.f. liquid eyeliner, rimmel scandaleyes flex mascara, revlon lip butter

It's been a while since my last fotd, so I felt I owed you guys one, especially since I have some new products that I've been using. I do wear this particular look quite a lot lately, so if you're ever wondering what makeup I'm wearing in a particular post it's probably some variation of this.

So as usual I started with moisturizer like usual and then I put on the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer which I had reviewed previously. I don't currently have an eye cream that so I do need an extra something under my eyes, but I still stick with my last review -- this is an necessary product if you have a decent eye cream -- but I am trying to use it all up. Next I put on the pixi Correction Concentrate, which is a new. I had wanted to try the oh-so popular Bobbi Brown Corrector, but that was a bit out of my price point at the moment and this only cost $12 at Target. I like it so far, it does do a really good job brightening under my usual concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in medium. I'm planning on doing a full review at a later time, but so far so good.

The next bit is probably more interesting. Normally after I put on my concealer I put on the Maybelline Color Tattoo in 30 Pomegrante Punk. This was one of my November favorites, and I do love the hint of color it adds to my lids. I hadn't expected to like this when I picked it up, but I think it's perfect for the current season. And it's nice the add some color since I gravitate towards the blacks & grays. Finally, I curl my lashes and then add the tiniest bit of the e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner just to add some definition to my lashes and then top them up with this new mascara, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Flex Mascara. My previous mascara was starting to give me some issues so I decided to try something different. So far so good with this mascara. It's pretty good at adding some definition to my lashes without adding too much length. That can be a bit strange for some people but when you wear glasses it's difficult to have very long lashes because they push up too much against them. But this defines my lashes pretty well I think. One thing that's a bit annoying about this mascara is that a lot of the formula ends up on the tip of the brush so I'd be careful to just wipe that off so that it doesn't get all over your lashes.

I forgot to take a photo of these two, but I did fill in my brows with my favorite e.l.f. Brow Kit and put on some of the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush as well. I finished with the Revlon Lip Butter in 085 Sugar Plum, which is another favorite of mine.

This look has been my go-to look as of late. It's fairly simple and doesn't take too long to put on, which is perfect, considering I don't quite have the patience or skill to do anything particularly fancy. But anyway, my family & I are going to watch the midnight premiere of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug later tonight, which I'm so excited for. But what do you guys have planned, and what have you been wearing lately?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's nice that Rimmel's Scandaleyes Flex Mascara worked for you. That made my lashes droop in seconds. I took excess mascara off the wand before applying, too, so it had no excuse. My current favorite is Maybelline's The Rocket Waterproof Mascara; it holds curl and adds so much volume to my lashes that it looks like I tight-line my upper lash line.

    The color tattoo looks great on you! Do you apply it with your fingers or with brushes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this is such a late response, I've been on vacation.

      I apply the color tattoo with my fingers, i think brushes are too fussy especially since it' sad cream product. I just make sure to blend with a clean finger.

      And I've heard good things about The Rocket mascara, but I can't justify buying it because I hate commercials so much funny enough. I've been hearing good things about the Covergirl Clump Crusher, but it's kind of hard to have a universally good mascara because everyone' slashes are different.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)