review: Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream

1:30 PM

Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Calming Night Cream, reviewMy skincare products are all starting to run out at the same time, making me a bit frantic in trying to figure out if I should try something new or if I should stick with the products that I've been using. Since I've repurchased the Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream, I've decided to do a full review of it.

I actually hated this when I first started using it. For a "night cream" this is super lightweight and absorbs quickly, which I really hadn't expected nor wanted for my skin at the time. And upon first use I just really hated it. My skin was dry and flaky at that time and this just wasn't cutting it for curbing those awful flakes away. But since I'm a bit weird about returning things -- I always feel a bit guilty, which I'm trying to get over -- I just couldn't set it aside. I felt that it would just be too wasteful and so, begrudgingly, I decided to use it up. My thinking at the time was that at least it didn't irritate my sensitive skin.

It wasn't until my skin became a bit more normal and my dry patches were disappearing (thanks to the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask) that I actually started appreciating this product. It gave me enough hydration, was never irritating even on the skin around my eyes, and because it's so lightweight and absorbs quickly without leaving behind any film or greasiness, I could use it in the daytime without my makeup sliding of my face. I also quite like the fact that it's in a pump bottle and not a tub, which I prefer in moisturizers. I felt like it lasted a good while as well since I bought this way back in early July and it's only now run out on me, especially since I use this as a day cream as well. And the price is quite reasonable as well. All in all, despite hating it in the beginning, it has been working really well for me.

Bottom line: would I repurchase? (Again)
Definitely. This is a really nice light-weight & basic moisturizer for night or day if you have normal & sensitive skin. If you have drier skin this might not work well for you because it is so lightweight, but it might make a decent enough day cream. And of course, I do quite like this brand as their products are paraben-free & free of petrolatum and SLS. If you're into more natural ingredients in your skincare, you might want to check our this brand or other "Yes to" lines. I don't know if this product is actually "calming", as I try not to put anything on my skin that disagrees with me in the first place, but for me, it is non-irritating and the scent is quite pleasant. However, if you're a bit sensitive to fragrances, you might want to be wary as it does have a fragrance to it. If not, and your skin doesn't need extra hydration, I highly recommend this product.

Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream, $14.99

Have you guys tried this product out or any of the "Yes to" lines? What did you think of it?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)