14 October 2013

"Outfit of the Day"?

ootd, what i wore, bespectacled, thrifted polka dot blouse, self made diy skirt, zara loafers

I haven't done a "what I wore" post in so long, I do apologize. I feel bad asking my sister to take my outfit photos for me because she is busy with school and what not, so I finally bought a new remote for my camera! I hope that I'll manage to do more of these, as I've been neglecting the personal style aspect of my blog a bit, which is what I started out wanting to do! Until I manage to find a suitable place to shoot by myself outside though, you're stuck with photos of me in my bedroom, sorry!

I have a face of the day post scheduled next (the makeup look for this outfit of course) and I've been thinking that there's a bit of a disconnect on my blog with my labels. The makeup that I wear is called a "face of the day/fotd", but I don't call my style posts "outfit of the day", but rather "what I wore". The reasoning behind it is that I feel a bit pretentious calling what I wear an "outfit". My clothes aren't too special or different, I don't wear any serious high fashion brands, nor do I wear crazy out-there pieces. These are just things that I wear everyday, and I'm sharing them because I want you guys to catch a glimpse of my life like I feel like I do when I see other personal style bloggers. So, I feel a bit weird sometimes calling my clothes an "outfit", if that makes sense. if that makes sense? What do you guys prefer?

Anyway, what I wanted to feature the most is this skirt that I made! Yes, another skirt to add to my collection of self-made skirts, when will I ever stop? I actually drafted a pencil skirt pattern from Mademoiselle Chaos's Pencil Skirt Tutorial and altered it to create an asymmetric wrap skirt. I do love the asymmetric wrap skirt/skort/shorts trend that's going round and wanted to do another for myself. I honestly want to re-do this skirt though in a faux leather at some point. I feel like the silhouette of this skirt would look even better in faux leather.

ootd, what i wore, bespectacled, thrifted polka dot blouse, self made diy skirt, zara loafers ootd, what i wore, bespectacled, thrifted polka dot blouse, self made diy skirt, zara loafers

Wearing:
thrifted polka dot blouse
H&M grey sweatshirt
self made skirt
H&M sheer black tights
Zara black loafers (sale)

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)