fotd #003

1:45 PM

bespectacled, fotd, neutrogena health skin enhancer, e.l.f. liquid eyeliner, Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish lipstick 06, maybelline fit me concealer, Maybelline the falsies big eyes mascara My makeup collection is rather tiny at the moment (and I'd like to keep it that way) so I'll most likely featuring the same products with an occasional new one now and again. It's the trend to wear darker makeup in the fall, but I like to add a hint of color when I'm wearing lots of grays and black. So, here is a face of the day featuring one of my newest lipsticks.

bespectacled, fotd bespectacled, fotd

Wearing: thrifted polka dot blouse, H&M Sweatshirt; You can view the full outfit here

The base of this makeup look is exactly the same as my last "FOTD" post, if you're interested in reading more on my thoughts about the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. And of course I moisturized and put my usual sunscreen, the L'Oreal Ideal Moisture 48HR Day Lotion for Sensitive Skin. Just because it's autumn (sort of), doesn't mean you should stop using a daily sunscreen if you're going out!

e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner
I'm still rather new to makeup so I don't actually have a liquid eyeliner on hand to work with, so I decided to pick one up that wasn't very expensive just to try out. And this one by e.l.f. was only $1, so I wouldn't feel too badly if it did turn out awful. In actuality, I quite like this. I can't compare it to anything else, but it lasts long and gives a fairly precise line without smudging. It isn't very noticeable, but I like the effect of making my lashes appear a bit fuller.

Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara
This is the first mascara that I bought and I really don't like it. The formula is a bit too wet for my taste. And I don't feel that I get very much volume or thickening with this mascara, and it did make my lashes clump together. The one thing that I like about it though is that it has separate brushes for your top and bottom lashes, but other than that this is just an okay product.

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Moss Lipstick in 06
This, I think is the highlight of this look. I know it's the trend to wear darker lips as the months get colder, but I tend to wear darker clothing as well and I feel a bit weird having my lips and clothes so similar. The 06 shade in this line is a very vibrant hot pink. The wear time is pretty good, lasting a good 4-5 hours without touch up, at least if you're not drinking or eating. The biggest problem I have with this is that it transfers a lot. I don't feel like it really dries down so even though my lips stay hydrated and don't dry out wearing this, if I'm drinking a hot coffee this transfers so much the lip of the cup, it's a bit ridiculous. Is this normal for lipsticks? I'm used to that NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream and that doesn't transfer at all. The packaging also feels kind of cheap and flimsy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I own one of the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks and that doesn't feel as flimsy as this does. But on the plus side, it smells like bubblegum!

Also, I tend to make lots of weird faces doing these things and I thought I'd share one of them with you guys. I making lots of embarrassing ones too, but I'd like to save some of my dignity. Anyway, are you guys more of a dark lipstick in the fall or do you like to mix it up?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)