skincare bits and bobs

Monday, September 30, 2013

skincare, bespectacled, algenist complete eye renewal balm, origins drink up intensive overnight mask, clarins hand and nail treatment cream, nip+fab glycolic fix

I don't want ramble too much about the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask as I've already done a full review and it has literally changed my skin for the better, I feel. But all of the other products are new (kind of). The Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix will most likely be featured in my monthly favorites tomorrow, so I'll talk more about it then. But I'm rather pleased with this product and I'm planning on doing a full review a bit later on next month.

I bought the hand and eye creams from Sephora way back in early August, I believe, but haven't gotten around to showing you guys. I had mentioned in earlier post about my need for an eye cream and I had narrowed it down to four products that I was considering. Ultimately, I had decided upon on the Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. Before you go and gawk at the fact that it costs $65 on Sephora and how I an trying to save a bit of money, there was an offer a while back ago where you can buy a half-sized amount for only $15. It was a steal and I couldn't pass it by, and now I have an eye cream (finally!) The Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream was a bit of a random purchase, as I wanted my order to cost $25 for another special offer (a sample of a Murad serum). It smells like Johnson & Johnson baby lotion strangely, but it is very moisturizing. I can't say that it's helped my nails any, because my nails look awful at the moment, but I like how moisturizing and fast drying it is.

But back to the eye cream! The Algeniist Complete Renewal Balm as some pretty lofty claims, and on me I don't quite think they've lived up to them. Apparently, "within four weeks of use, eye contours are smoothed in 91% of subjects", which makes me question their scientific method, really. But almost all cosmetic companies (especially skincare) make up these claims without any real sound science or statistics to back them up, so I usually ignore what they say. But this eye cream makes three claims: it minimizes dark circles, puffiness, and the appearance of wrinkles. I've been using it for two months now and all I've noticed is that the skin around my eyes are more moisturized. My dark circles are a lost cause and I hardly ever get puffy eyes, but I do want an eye cream that will help with the lines that I'm starting to get on the bottom lid. I blame my allergies because I end up scratching my eyes, which means pulling at the skin. I'm more conscious of it now since they've become more pronounced, but I'm still on the look out for an eye cream that will help, preferably something with a pump. While I can't say much about it's anti-aging properties, at the very least the skin around my eyes is hydrated!

Those are some recent skincare additions, have you added any new skincare products to your routine? If so, would you recommend them?

By the way, I'm starting to update my instagram more often. I take pictures mostly of my life, not so much beauty or fashion, but if you'd still like to follow me, I'm @akiterine!


Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine instagram @akiterine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)