21 September 2013

review: Orgins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

review, origins drink up intensive overnight mask to quench skin's thirst, bespectacled
I'm always a bit apprehensive to try out new skincare products. My skin is always so finicky with new products, especially facial cleansers & moisturizers. For most of the year I have rather normal skin except around my cheeks where it ends up really dry with patches of flaky skin, especially on top of my cheek bones. At the same time that same area around my cheeks also happens to be the most reactive, so if I'm looking for something to help with the dryness I have to be doubly sure that it won't irritate the skin there as well.

I had ran out of my previous night cream (you can read my thoughts about it on my skincare routine post; note to self: update this!) and while the Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream I decided to use afterwards, didn't make my skin react poorly, it just isn't hydrating enough for my problems. I felt like I'd have to put twice as much product to make my skin feel a tiny bit better. In the end I decided to purchase a hydrating mask rather than a new night cream because I am trying to use up my skincare and beauty products rather than just buying new ones whenever I want. I hate feeling wasteful. Anyway, I opted for the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask since I've heard so much raving on this product and I do generally like Origins skincare, so I thought why not.

And I've finally, finally, found a product that has helped with my dryness WITHOUT causing any irritation. I'm so in love with this product. I was a bit surprised by how fragrant this product is and I thought it was going to irritate the heck out of my skin since it does smell so citrus-y since I had an awful reaction with a sample of the REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask, which also smells strongly of citrus. But no awful reaction on my part. I didn't bother following the directions and instead just put on about a dime sized amount all over my face and let it sink in. And finally I've found something that works for my dryness!

Bottom line: would I repurchase this product?
Absolutely! It works excellent as an occasional mask (the directions say to tissue off the excess but I suggest that you should let it sink in) as well as a nighttime moisturizer for those of us who have drier skin. I had been using it as a night cream for a few days before I started to notice that my dry patches were gone and have been able to use my other night cream without any issue. As far as sensitive skin goes, I would try a sample if possible first, as not all sensitive skin is created equal. And if you are sensitive to fragrances you may want to try a sample out because of the number of fragrant oils that his formula has.

If you have dehydrated or dry skin or even have the occasional patch of dryness (especially in the colder months) then this may be the mask/night cream for you. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd suggest you try a sample out to see if your skin will react, just because mine didn't doesn't mean yours won't. The full size product is 3.4 fl oz/100mL for $24.

Have you guys tried this mask out? And if you did what type of skin do you have and what did you think of it?

review, origins drink up overnight mask to quench skin's thirst, bespectacled, ingredients
The Origins website doesn't have a full list of the ingredients for this mask available so I thought I'd type it out if you're interested. I think I'll be typing out full ingredient lists for products that I review whose websites don't have them available. I think it's important to know what you're putting onto your skin and I think everyone should be able to navigate themselves around an ingredient list.
Ingredients: water\aqua\eau; rose damascena (rose) flower water, myrtus communis (myrtle) leaf water, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl sterate, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower oil*, prunus amygdalus amara (bitter almond) kernel oil*, rosa damascena (rose) flower oil*, cinnamomum camphora (shiu/camphor leaf) oil*, citrus aurantium dulcis (sweet orange) oil*, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, osmanthus fragrans (osmanthus absolute) flower extract, ribes nigrum (blackcurrant) seed extract, linalool, limonene,aloe barbadensis leaf extract, cladosiphon okamuranus extract, oryza sativa (rice) extract, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, olea europea (olive) fruit extract, triticum vulgare (wheat bran) extract, peg-100 stearate, sucrose**, citrus aurantim dulcis (orange) peel wax, panthenol, pantethine, cetyl ethylhexanoate, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, butylene glycol, cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, punica granatum (pomegranate) sterols, tocopheryl acetate, oryzanol, bisabolol, caprylyl glycol, caffeine, hexylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, dextrin, potassium carbomer, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol
*essential oil
**organic sucrose (brown sugar)
Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)