27 September 2013

out of my comfort zone

haul, recent purchases, nail polish, rimmel 60 seconds, sally hansen sugar coat, maybelline color show limited edition vintage leather

Continuing on from my last post on my recent purchases, I decided to first start out with some nail polishes. When it comes to nail polish, I tend to stay in my comfort zone with mostly blues or metallics, because I think those shades work well on everyone. But, just like with makeup, I'm trying to branch out a bit more with different colors, textures and finishes. Sorry I won't have any swatches for you guys, my nails actually don't look the best. I'm a chronic nail biter.

Anyway, the firsr is the Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Polish in 260 Candy Corn, which is this neon orange shade and is my favorite of the bunch, surprisingly. I absolutely love the texture of this polish - it's gritty like large granules of sugar and lasts for a decent amount of time without chipping, maybe 3 or 4 days. It dries to a more matte finish in 1 or 2 coats, but I find that one coat works just as well. The one downside to this polish though is that it is a bit difficult to get off because of the grainy bits, but overall I quite like this one. Textured nail polish aren't to everyone's taste, but I really love them, and if you're like me, I do recommend these.

The second polish is the Maybelline Color Show Vintage Leather Polish in 890 vintage violet and is my least favorite. Despite the name it isn't a dupe for the Nails Inc. Leather Polish, which gives your nails a cool textured look. Basically put this limited edition collection is a series of matte nail polishes with bits of glitter in them. Personally, I don't think they look like vintage leather at all. I love the color of this, but the formulation is just bad. They chip within a few hours time and are very difficult to remove because of the random chunks of glitter. I don't recommend these polishes at all, really, but I was in Walgreens for quite a while looking at their products and I didn't want to leave with purchasing something. I know, it's a bad habit of mine, but I do regret this a bit, and I've lost the receipt as well.

And lastly is the Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in 610 Stand Attention, which is a classic red shade. I don't normally pick out red polishes (or lipsticks for that matter) because I don't know if I look good in them or not, but I saw some blogger with a lovely oxblood/blood red shade on her nails and wanted to try for myself. My Walmart didn't stock any other red shades than this one and decided to just pick this one up. I love the formulation of these polishes as they do dry super fast and last for 3-4 days without chipping (with a top coat), plus they're rather inexpensive. And the brush on these are nice and wide, making nail polish application super easy. And these, I do recommend.

Have you guys tried out any of these polishes? What did you think of them?


Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

1 comment :

  1. I've wanted to try out the Sally Hansen's Sugar Coat line for a while! It's good that you liked it. I suspected it would be hard to remove; glitter polishes have gritty textures and I have to use twice as much nail polish remover than usual to take those off. Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)