fotd #002

Monday, September 16, 2013

face of the day, fotd, l'oreal ideal moisture day lotion, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer, Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer, e.l.f. powder brush, Physicians Formula powder fotd, face of the day, Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara, Physician's Formula Happy Booster, Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner, e.l.f. powder brush, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paolo
Happy Monday everyone! I felt rather productive today and decided to post up a face of the day for you guys since I've been rather negligent in my posting. I've been trying out different products and some of the ones that I've used for today are things that I've had for a while but never ended up using for some reason. Case in point, this NYX lip cream was purchased last year and I'm rather happy that it still is okay because I've ended up loving it again. I understand why I didn't use it then -- I was just starting to get into wearing lip sticks and what not and this is more bold than I probably would have liked back then. But now that I've rediscovered it I think it's going to become a part of my autumn lip choices.

If you'd like to read more details of this "face of the day" and see what I look like today, click "read more".

face of the day, fotd, bespectacled

I've been trying out a new base at the moment. I started off with putting a moisturizer with SPF and at the moment I'm using the L'Oreal Ideal Moisture 48 Hour Day Lotion for sensitive skin, I like it because it's unscented (without smelling like sunscreen) and is broad spectrum SPF 25. I'm a bit unsure if I actually need anything higher than that, but I've never actually been sunburnt before and I always make sure I'm wearing some type of sunscreen on my face so I think it's okay. This Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer is a new product that I've been testing out. I'm still getting used to the consistency because it is very watery (I'm used to BB Creams which tend to be a bit thicker), but blends well and I'm absolutely loving it. I got the Neutral to Tan 40 shade, if you guys are wondering. It is very sheer so I don't really recommend it if you're looking to cover up lots of spots, but it does a nice job of covering up the pores around my nose & just evening out my skin tone. I'm loving this a lot. I've been switching up my concealer routine as well and trying to use up some of my old makeup, and my concealer of choice is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I like the consistency by the staying power leaves much to be desired. And finally I topped it off with the Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder with the e.l.f. Powder Brush. The powder is SPF 30, and I like having this extra SPF.

And for actual make up stuff, I'm wore some of the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush on my cheeks with the same e.l.f. brush I used before. And I actually filled in my eyebrows today with the e.l.f. eyebrow kit that I featured in my July 2013 Favorites. I actually quite like the shape of my eyebrows. I don't like any arches in them and I've actually never tweezed them either, so they are a bit messy, but meh. I just filled in the spots near the middle of my face and I feel like that actually makes a big difference for me. I've been wearing mascara more often lately and I needed a waterproof version because of some serious allergies that I've had for quite a while -- my eyes tend to tear up when my allergies flare up. So I've been using the Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof Mascara mostly because it was inexpensive and I had heard good things about it. My lashes can't hold a curl to save my life, but this does make them a little bit apparent. I'm kind of not feeling this one though, it's kind of just "okay" and it's nothing special, but it's the only waterproof mascara I own and I plan on finishing it up before getting a hold of something else. And to make my lashes appear a little thicker I lined my top lids with the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner in 001 Black. I like this eyeliner quite a bit, it has really good lasting power, but this one does have a tendency to smudge.

And lastly, I think the star of the show, lips! I wear a lot of darker colors year round and so I like to add a little color somewhere with my lips and I've really been liking the look of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paolo a lot. It lasts for quite a while and is quite pigmented. Because it's matte it is a bit drying, but I've been loving the color a lot lately, it's a nice pop against the grays and blacks that I find myself wearing. You'll probably see this on my quite a lot when things cool down here, I think.

So that was today's face! What products have you been using lately? Any rediscovered products like my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream?

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Nice post! is quite details you write post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the e.l.f. powder brush good? Does it shed when you wash it? Does it feel scratchy? I don't know if I should go for a low-end powder brush or pick from a consistently good but more expensive line like Sigma.

    I like that you mentioned the consistency of Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer. That's something to look out for when shopping for things to cover acne scars and big pores and stuff. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the powder brush works rather well and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I mean, for $3 I can't really complain. I've heard good things about Real Techniques brushes, they're supposed to be soft and for one they're usually under $10, so you should check them out. You can buy them at Ulta.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)