20 September 2013

at the moment

Hi guys! Since my posting is still a bit inconsistent I thought I'd give you guys an update of some things that I've been up to at the moment.

starbucks
Wearing: I've been wearing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paolo, that I recently featured in my previous FOTD post! I've been really enjoying the pop of color against my typically dark looks. As for clothes, I've been wearing this pair of self-made culottes to death. I've planning on posting a two-parter on my recent clothes & beauty/skincare purchases and you'll get a chance to see them then. Basically culottes are any pair of shorts or trousers that have the shape of skirt. I'm planning on making another pair and will show you guys those as well.

jjajangmyeon, Korean black bean noodles
Eating: Jjajangmyeon (짜장면)! This is a Korean noodle dish that's topped with this thick black bean sauce that usually has some vegetables and sometimes some pork in it as well. I find myself eating this a lot as of late, well, at least the instant stuff. I made it from scratch following the Maangchi Jjajangmyeon recipe, but it didn't turn out as good.

Drinking: The infamous Starbucks pumpkin spice latte came out early this year! I'm not a huge fan of this and have kind of stuck to my usual caramel iced coffees or vanilla lattes, but decided to give it a shot again this year, except iced. And for some reason I've fallen in love? I can't stand the hot version, but for some reason I'm really digging the iced one.

Reading: I'm now midway through The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo, that I mentioned in my last "at the moment" post. I'm a slow reader when it comes to nonfiction, and I've sort of been putting finishing this off. I've also started reading the US 1979 The Adventures of Doctor Who by Terrance Dicks, which has three short stories in it: The Genesis of the Daleks, The Revenge of the Cybermen, & The Loch Ness Monster. Since there are only so many Classic Who available on Netflix, I was so happy when my dad randomly found this book in some book store. So thanks dad!

Coveting: I've been coveting this Olsen Tweed Jacket from Need Supply co lately. It's not nearly cool enough in So Cal to warrant a coat, but I love how graphic it looks and would be lovely if layered with short sleeved things in the winter here.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be flying solo when it comes to making a youtube channel. My sister, Kristine has been rather busy with school as of late, leaving her with no time to film with me. I have two videos planned out and am planning on filming & editing them this weekend. If I manage to upload one of them I'll leave a post here for you guys. I'm a bit nervous about putting myself out there on youtube, but I think it'd be a great way to bring my blog to a wider audience and to just work on things like speaking & what not. So I am excited about it and I hope you guys will be too.

So what have you guys been up to at the moment?

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)