FOTD #001

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

fotd, face of the day, Revlon, Maybelline, Kat Von D, Physicians Formula, Fit Me Shine Free Foundation, Lip Butter, Soft N' Full Mascara, Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder, Lock-It Tattoo Concealer, Photoready Cream Blush

Maybelline Full N' Soft Washable Mascara, Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation, Kat Von D Lock-It Tatoo Concealer, Revlon Lip Butter in 085 Sugar Plum, Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in 300 Coral Reef

I've seen other "face of the day" type posts from other bloggers and have kind of jumped the bandwagon so to speak and try doing this out for myself. I don't really do anything special with my makeup and on most days all I feel like wearing is concealer and lipstick, but this way I'm able to keep track of what products I wear and how often and kind of share my thoughts about them along the way. I'm not very good at doing makeup either and I don't consider myself more pretty than average, but hey, this is my blog, my rules, right? I think it'd be kind of cool to see how your face changes over time as well! You can read more about the products I've used & see what my face looks like with everything after the jump.

bespectacled
Basically that's my face after I've biked 2 miles to Starbucks & back, up and down several hills in high-70 degree weather. Attractive, right? I tend to bike everywhere so this is a pretty accurate representation of how I look if you see me out and about near my home. I always wear sunblock when I go out (at least on my face) and gave away my awful Benefit one and am trying out the L'Oreal Ideal Moisture Day Lotion for Sensitive Skin, which I'm liking so far and it definitely gives me more moisture than the other one.

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation in 240 Golden Beige
This was new and I wanted to try it out, simple as that, despite it being targeted towards people with normal/oily skin which I don't have, but I ended up really liking this. Lately it's been more convenient to put on that my beloved Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream because I can just dot it onto my face and blend it out with my fingers. According to my sister I've been putting BB cream on wrong and you're supposed to warm it on your hands and pat and I don't really have the patience to do that. The coverage is definitely build-able and is blends easily. It doesn't give you a completely matte face. And I can't really say much about it being shine-free because my face doesn't get oily. But overall, I quite like this product.

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in 26 Medium
After foundation is concealer for me. I don't have too much to say about this concealer other than I love it, so there. Although I say you should start out with a little and build the coverage because on me if I add too much all at once it does cake a little. If I'm not sweating a lot it lasts for quite a while, but you know, biking.

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in 300 Coral Reef
I don't think there's any blush left on my face at all. I find that while I like this blush and the color once it's blended in, it'll only look good for like an hour and then it's gone even if I'm not sweating everywhere. Can you guys recommend me a good long-lasting blush? I prefer cream blushes, but I can stand powder ones now too!

Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder in Beige
I only used this to powder around my t-zone, but on some days I wear it alone. I actually like and I want to do a full review on it, but I don't think it makes much of a difference on camera if I wear this or not. We'll see.

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Washable Mascara
Despite not being waterproof this lasted quite well. You probably can't see much because my glasses are in the way, but hey, I'm actually wearing mascara. One of my biggest pet peeves whenever I wear mascara and my glasses is my lashes are long enough that they brush up against my glasses. This is a recent purchase of mine and is actually a old product. Plush look at the packaging, that's probably one of the most demure looking mascara packaging that I've seen! It actually lasts well and washes off easily and gives my lashes a bit more definition and some volume. So far I'm liking it. Oh, I used the Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara on my bottom lashes, because the brush is pretty convenient for that job and it also lasted through my 2 mile bike ride. I just forgot to take a picture of it.

Revlon Lip Butter in 085 Sugar Plum
I bought this a while ago, probably around the winter-time actually, and have only recently begun to wear it again. I don't know why I didn't wear it so often before, I love the color. It's definitely not the most summer-y color, but I really think it suits me. So if you're looking for a nice plum colored lip butter, I highly recommend this.

That's all for this "face of the day" post. What products have you been wearing and have you rediscovered an old favorite, like I did for this Revlon Lip Butter? Also, if you have any recommendations for a long-lasting blush, please send me an email or leave a comment below, thanks!

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)