an unlikely wishlist #001

12:30 PM

Sorry for not posting regularly, I keep procrastinating on my posts for some reason. It's the weather, man. I've been feeling so sluggish lately and that's made me push back a lot of posts that I've planned out. So sorry for that! I have several posts that I've been procrastinating on, but I'm back for now! Anyway, I like to make lists of things, especially things that I'm unlikely to buy for myself but am completely open to receiving them as a gift, hint hint. This is also known as the my-birthday-is-in-three-months-please-get-me-somthing-from-this-list list. For references sake, I'm a size 6.5 in shoes & a small/size 4 in clothes.

wishlist, zara, caudalie, jouer, messeca, topshop

Messeca Carolyn Boot in Black Snake $195, Zara Dress with Bow at the Back $89.90, Topshop Large Soft Zip Holdall $76, Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint $38, Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum %48



Messeca "Carolyn" Boot in Black Snake
I'm currently in the market for a pair of cutout black boots and while not exactly what I was looking for, I keep finding myself drawn into these shoes. Normally when I find myself coveting something it's transient, but I keep looking at these shoes and picturing myself style them and ugh! I'm hoping that by the time my birthday comes around it'll be on sale (and still available in my size) and then someone would be more likely to get it for me (or maybe get it for myself). But the price still makes me cringe.

Zara Dress with Bow at the Back
At $89.90 for something so simple, I can't justify buying this with my current budget. Really this is just an dress that hangs from the shoulders with a deep cut in the back and a reverse pussy bow. In theory, this is something that's easily DIY-able and really I might just make my own. (I do like going on sites & saving photos for DIY inspiration.) I own like three dresses that I really like (as I prefer separates) so I'd be happy to have another.

Topshop Large Soft Zip Holdall, $76.00
I'm the kind of person who tends to carry around a lot of "just-in-case" type of things in their bag. I carry sanitary pads, pain medicine, Dramamine (motion sickness medicine), extra hair ties, hand cream, a book, etcetera etcetera. I'd like to think carrying around this stuff makes me prepared for anything really. That being said, my current handbag is a simple black bag from H&M that I am a bit ambivalent towards it. But it's still completely functional, hence my apprehension towards buying a new one. I do really like this bag though, I think the plum color would be a lovely complement to my clothes at the moment and it looks like it would be able to hold all of my "just-in-case" products.

Jouer Cosmetics Luminizing Moisture Tint
I have a foundation that I really like as well as a BB cream that works well for me, but I'd love to try this out. The matte version of this product was mentioned in a video by a youtuber that I like. Matte products tend to be drying on my skin so the luminizing version would better suited for my skin type. I like the pitch of this product -- it blurs imperfections, has decent sun protection, and has ingredients that are supposed to improve your complexion. My skin isn't so problematic that I need a foundation but I like having some coverage on my face just to hide the little bits that I'm a bit self-conscious about. I've been on the look out for a drugstore tinted moisturizer to try out, but I don't think it'd be the same. Plus, I just really like Jouer's website: for their lip & cheek products you can rollover a color and see what they look like applied to women of four different races. And I just think that's fantastic, more sites should absolutely do that!

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum
I've heard Estee from essiebutton talk about this product and I've been really considering a purchase. It has three qualities that I look for in a skincare product: it's highly rated/reviewed, is from a brand I genuinely like, and is a product that would be suitable for my skin. I go back & forth with myself on whether or not I actually need a serum for my face. I had received a sample Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion and it really helped my just-okay moisturizer absorb much better and I just really liked it. The Caudalie serum is better suited for my problems than the Murad one and is cheaper. On the other hand I bought the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask recently and I feel like having both the serum & this mask would be too much for my skin -- really my skin hasn't been seriously dry. But hey, it's on my wishlist!

What are the products that are currently on your wishlist but are a bit unattainable or you can't justify purchasing?

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)