30 July 2013

summer essentials pt 5

9) Stripes
stripes, tops, cardigans, Forever 21, H&M

Striped tops from Forever 21 & H&M, all of them are a bit old now

I don't wear a lot of color in my wardrobe, but one thing I do like are patterned pieces. But when it comes to prints, my favorite to wear are stripes. When I feel like my outfit may be a bit too boring I like to throw over my favorite striped cardigan on top and instantly I find my outfit a bit more interesting. And I like to mix stripes with different kinds of patterns too. For me you just can't go wrong with stripes.

10) Denim Shorts
denim shorts, Forever 21

Denim shorts from Forever 21, old

For me denim shorts are the quintessential summer piece. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect denim short as these are too short on me, but I like how denim shorts instantly dress down a piece. They can turn a fancy silk blouse into something a lot more casual and a bit more wearable. Since I'm still on the hunt I don't have any store recommendations for denim shorts, but I do like H&M jeans, so I think they may have a decent selection for those looking for a more affordable pair.

You can view part one here, part two here, part three here, and part four here.

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)