Summer Essentials pt. 1

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Since summer is in full swing in San Diego, I thought I'd share a few of my summer essentials, broken up into 5 parts over the course of this "blog everyday" July mostly because I do tend to ramble. Here is the first part, enjoy!

1) Sunscreen

From left to right: Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Suncreen Broad Spectrum SPF 100+, Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion SPF15 pa++, Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30 Beige, Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream SPF 35

If you only get one thing for this summer make sure it's a broad spectrum sunscreen or some product with sunscreen in it. For my body I use the Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunscreen because it's easy to apply and isn't sticky. Plus its waterproof making it great if you plan on going swimming or are doing a lot of sweating. If you're just out and about and not planning on lounging in the sun for long periods of time I usually forgo a body sunscreen. Regardless of season I always wear a product with some kind go sunscreen. I've been using the Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion since February and it's lasted my since then. It is broad spectrum spf 15, which is fairly decent for everyday use. The smell takes a bit of getting used to if you're sensitive to smells, but I want to use it before trying a different day moisturizer.

If you don't like using moisturizers with spf, make up is also a good way of getting your needed sun protection. I don't normally wear foundation, but rather stick to BB cream or some lightweight powder, both of my choices have fairly high SPF and are both broad spectrum. I talked about the Shiseido BB cream in my May favorites and I've still been using it since. I am planning on writing a review and show it swatched and worn, but that's later. As for the powder, I bought the Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder before my makeup ban and I like the finish of it as well. It feels very light on the skin and evens out my skin tone nicely. Again, I'm planning on doing a full review on this powder as well, but I do really like it and do recommend it -- plus it's talc free which is always nice.

2) Boyfriend Jeans

Wearing: Blue button up top from Forever 21, H&M Boyfriend Jeans

My next essential are boyfriend jeans. Now, I don't usually wear jeans at all actually, especially during the summer, and I much prefer skirts or dresses. I have made an exception for these jeans, however. I bought them a month or so ago from H&M and I absolutely love them. Boyfriend jeans are great for the summer, because of the loose fit it doesn't cling to your skin in the summer heat and it gives an interesting spin to my more feminine pieces. Plus jeans are a great option for when you don't want to shave or just don't want to show off your legs.

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)