Review: Benefit's Triple Performing Facial Emulsion

9:48 PM

I'm a sucker for packaging, which is what drew me into purchasing Benefit's Triple Performing Facial Emulsion in the first place, with it's cool glass bottling and apothecary-type feel to it, I was sold. I was absolutely sure that I'd love the product, after all, I had heard good things about the brand (although mostly in regard to their makeup). But for me this product is not great, nor is it terrible, it's just average really.

First onto the good aspects of the product. This product lasts for quite a while, I got it late February and use about 3 or 4 pumps on my face and neck and I still have a lot of product left, which is great considering how pricey this is, $30 for 50.3 mL. It absorbs quickly too so you're not sitting there waiting for it be absorbed so you go out or finish your make up routine. For everyday use, the SPF 15 pa ++ (meaning that it blocks UVB rays, determined by the SPF, and a moderate amount of UVA rays which is linked to skin aging, determined by the pa ++), which is really nice. On days where I don't feel like putting makeup on at least I'd have this to protect my face for the sun.

However, for my dry and sensitive skin it hasn't been so kind. The first time I had actually tried it on my face, there was a bit of irritation around my cheeks which eventually went away as I continued to use this product. It claims that it's "tri-radiance complex" is supposed to capture and maintain water on the skin for immediate hydration, which I call bullshit. My skin doesn't feel any more hydrated than before I used this product. I would still get dry patches on my cheeks which weren't cleared up by this product. I could also do without the fragrance, but that's probably just me.

This product claims to be triple performing in that it hydrates, protects, and comforts. I felt that for me only one out of the three claims really delivered. It wasn't hydrating, even when I used a bit more product, and the comfort aspect of it took time to achieve as my skin got used to wearing this. I do like that this contains broad spectrum SPF in it, but there are other products out there that won't irritate my skin and will moisturize my dry patches.

Bottom line, would I repurchase? For someone who has dry skin I would not repurchase this as my go-to daytime moisturizer. And for $30 it seems a bit steep for a product that I mainly use as sunscreen. For someone who has normal or even oily skin (because it is an oil-free moisturizer) it might work well for them, but for me it's really a so-so product that didn't make my skin any more "radiant". If you have sensitive skin I wouldn't necessarily say to avoid this because I think it also depends on the other types of products that you are using as well, but I'd be a bit more careful. And if you're sensitive to fragrance definitely try a tester first. I think Benefit as a brand is good, but I'm not so sure about this product for my skin.

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your product is nice. But my skin is sensitive so, Is this good for me or not??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)