02 July 2013

proud of yourself


I like to DIY for two reasons: 1) it's usually cheaper and 2) the sense of satisfaction you get after you complete a DIY that you really like. I made this skirt following this youtube video tutorial using matte jersey that I bought from Joann's. The channel is called 2QHAN is by a pair of twins who show you how to draft patterns for awesome clothes using clothes that you have in your wardrobe and how to sew them. I highly recommend checking out their channel! It isn't the most beginner friendly -- they won't show you have to use a sewing machine or what seam allowances are, but if you do have a least some sewing background their tutorials are fairly easy to follow and do. I'm also thinking of trying their tutorial on making a pair of slouchy jersey trousers later on when this heat wave is done trying to melt us here in the west.

Anyway, I'm in absolute love with this skirt (even though I had issues with sewing jersey, my sewing machine always freaks out when I try to sew stretchy materials) and I've been wearing it with everything. A statement skirt is one of those wardrobe essentials that can really take an outfit to the next level, so this probably won't be the last time you see this skirt.

By the way, did you notice the new glasses?

wearing:
Forever 21 striped top
self-made skirt
thrifted nude shoes

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)