mini-review of some purchases

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

recent purchases, L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick, Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush, Revlon Photoready Cream Blush, Neutrogena Shine Free Primer

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Cardinal Plume, Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush in Natural, Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Coral Reef, Neutrogena Shine Free Primer


I didn't really get to talk about these purchases (and one recent addition!) when I had first shown them in my post about makeup and I wanted to give a little review about these products. Despite these products being the things that broke my makeup ban I do quite like them and want to share my initial thoughts about the products.

The first is the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in 178 cardinal plume. I was actually looking for the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick in Rebel Red, which was in essiebutton's Top 10 Drugstore Lipsticks video. The Rouge Caresse line isn't available in the US and I figured this is similar product. I do like the color, although it isn't a true red it looks slightly fuchsia, but I'm still trying to get used to wearing such a different shade from my usual shades of pinks and corals.

The Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush is such an intriguing product -- it's supposed to contain pheromones in it and enhance your sex appeal. You should definitely read the product description. I wonder who came up with the phrase "lingerie for you face" that doesn't sound so appealing. The natural shade is not very pigmented but I just laughed at the concept of this so much. I haven't had people throw themselves at me since I've worn this, but the vanilla scent is pleasant and it does last quite a while. I do have to say that Physicians Formula is absolutely awful at coming with functional packaging, the mirror is in a separate compartment on the other side of the blush! Also, the brush isn't that great either. I've been considering the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush as well just because these products are so intriguing -- blushes that are supposed to make you feel different. Really I kind of attribute it to the scent in an aromatherapy type of way. Unfortunately my skin has been a bit too dry for me to wear this alone, hence the Revlon Photoready Cream Blush, my absolute first cream blush. In contrast, this one is very pigmented so be light handed and blend blend blend. I use my fingers to apply this first and then lightly sweep the Sexy Booster over it. I've been digging the look. And from what I've noticed, the Photoready blush does last quite a while and am impressed with the product. I do wish they came out in different shades though, I was so apprehensive about this coral one. But the other shades, a bright fuchsia and a nude-y pink weren't for me.

And lastly, I had needed a new primer. My previous one was the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in 002 which claimed to have 5 in 1 results (although the "smooth" and "resurfaces" claims might actually refer to the same thing). It's the first primer I've tried so I have nothing to base my opinions on it, but overall I'd give it a so-so score. It's an okay primer, but it nowhere near does all of its claims (it supposedly mattifies and brightens, but I'd attribute to the brightening powers to the foundation I used), but it did prolong my makeup. I wanted to try a different primer and liked the packaging of the Neutrogena Shine Control Primer. Unlike the Rimmel primer this actually does mattify and this one also does a good job at controlling oil. I've been wearing this under my BB cream and have really enjoyed it so far. I usually overlook Neutrogena makeup because they don't really cater to people with dry skin, but because of this & the Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner that I included in my favorites for last month have made me at least check out a few of their other makeup products.

I had written "mini-review" but I always end up babbling. Anyway, what are some of your recent purchases & how are you liking them so far?

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)