01 July 2013

June 2013 Favorites

From left to right: Caudalie Beauty Elixir, Lush The Olive Branch shower gel, Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser & Lavanilla Lavoratories The Healthy Deodorant in vanilla grapefruit


It's been a while, huh? Sorry guys, I've been a bit busy lately. So to try and make up for the lack of posts last month I'll be trying to post everyday for the month of July! I have a bunch of different posts that I've been working on such as reviews of some of the products that I own as well as some fashion related things as well, so please look forward to it. But on to the favorites! June was a time for trying new things out and includes a lot of new brands and products and I've broken it down to skin care and make up favorites this time.

I'll start off with the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I don't know what it does or what it's actual purpose is, but it has been a godsend in this recent heat wave. I spray it on and instantly my skin feels refreshed and cool, no doubt thanks to the peppermint oil in this. Because of this I think I may add it to my summer essentials list! The next product is the Lush Take Olive Branch shower gel that I originally bought for my mom but have been using for myself. The smell is absolutely divine! I'm absolutely horrid and trying to describe scents or colors or flavors to people so I'll just type up what it says on the bottle: "Superbly softening, reassuring shower gel made with Fair for Life olive oil, fresh mandarins, bergamot oil and vine leaves for calm skin and a relaxed state of mind". If you're looking for a citrus-y smelling shower gel this isn't it despite mandarins and bergamot oil being two of the ingredients. The scent is slightly masculine and although I normally dislike strong fragrances this one is amazing. Plus it isn't drying (great for us with eczema). I'm debating whether or not to get a giant bottle and the "for" side is winning every time I smell the shower gel.

Next is the Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser. Korres is a brand that I really wanted to try because of their use of natural ingredients as well as the lack of questionable ones like parabens and sulfates. I use this at night after I've exfoliated and it leaves my skin extremely soft without drying or irritation, which I've had issues with in the past with drug store cleansers I've used. Again, highly recommended. And my last skin care favorite for this month happens to be deodorant of all things. I really wanted to try a natural deodorant and Sephora had one at their store that I wanted to try. I wouldn't recommend the Lavanila Laboratories Healthy Deodorant if you do happen to sweat a lot, but it works well for me and I love that its 100% natural and is aluminum and paraben free. It wouldn't actually break the bank either, it was around $12 and I believe it would last quite a while too.

From top to bottom: Neutrogena's Nourishing Eyeliner in Spiced Chocolate, Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey, Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze & Barely Branded, Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate & Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in Medium 26


I don't want to say too much about these products (because this post is already getting long) other than I've been trying out different make up looks lately and have been enjoying these products because they don't melt on your face after you've been swearing and they genuinely looked good on me. The Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer was recommended to me by one of the ladies at Sephora and I was given a demonstration for how it looks. It doesn't conceal my dark circles completely, but I've yet to try a concealer that's done that for me, however, it lasts a long while and it gives me enough coverage that I don't look like I hadn't slept in days. The Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate also gives me a hint of color on my lips that I really enjoy and is very nourishing, so hooray for products that make me look human and not a zombie!

Whew! Those are all of my June favorites! I had bought some things recently that I wanted to include, but the list would have been even longer. What are your June favorites?

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)