28 July 2013

currently coveting: eye creams

eye creams, Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream, Shiseido  Bio-Performance Super Corrective Eye Cream, Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream, Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

From left to right: Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream $18, Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Eye Cream $60, Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream $30, & Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm $65


I've been having issues with the skin around my eyes lately, I've been suffering from some serious allergies which has caused the skin around my eyes to become super sensitive & dry, prompting me to look for an eye cream to try & re-hydrate my skin. Dry skin, especially around my eyes, just emphasizes all the problems that I have with that area: fine lines & dark circles, so it's really been an unpleasant experience.

I go back and forth with myself on whether or not I should try an eye cream because in the past I had tried some drug store ones that seemed to do nothing for me. On the subject of eye creams my sisters have suggested that I should invest in a more high-end eye cream, but I do want to try the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream. I recently purchased the night cream in their "intense hydration" line (my Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream didn't moisturize my dry skin) and I've been enjoying it so far.

The other three products are higher end products, however the prices are still in the realm of reason. The first is the Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Eye Cream and it's one of the more highly rated eye creams on the Sephora website & I do like Shiseido as a brand just based on my love for their Perfect Hydrating BB Cream. I have hereditary dark circles so I'm not expecting any wonders for any of these eye creams as a brightening cream, but I do want something that is hydrating and has anti-aging properties. The next product is the Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream, which has ingredients in it like caffeine & natural optic brighteners. I also like Origins as a brand & I really like how their products are mostly natural and are formulated without these questionable ingredients in them like parabens & whatnot. I've heard a lot of hype for these eye creams as well, plus of the three it's also the least expensive. And finally, of the three higher end products the one I've been leaning towards the most is the Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. I'm leaning towards it because there's an online offer to purchase to purchase a smaller sample of it, approximately 0.23oz, for only $15. Considering the full size product is 0.5oz, I figure this might be a great way of sampling this product. Truthfully I haven't heard a lot about this brand, but they seem to also be similar to Origins in that they use mostly natural ingredients without all the icky stuff and their focus is more on anti-aging and they seem to be rated rather well on the Sephora site.

So those are the eye creams that I've been coveting as of late. My question for today is: do you use an eye cream? If so what do you use and would you recommend it?

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)