Current skincare routine

9:53 PM

From left to right: Aubrey Organics Everyday Basics Cleansing Gel, Caudalie Beauty Elixir & Benefit's Triple Facial Emulsion

I want to try and keep my skincare routine simple with as few products as I can. Having sensitive skin, you really have to watch out not only for how the products work individually, but also any interactions between products that can cause irritation or redness. Normally my skin is dry all over but recently it's branched to being more combination/dry as my T-zone has gotten oiler than normal, which has been very strange for me, having had dry skin for most of my life. I try to keep things simple and only use these products in the morning. I'm not sure if the Aubrey Organics Everyday Basics Vleansing Gel does much at balancing my skin, but it isn't drying and cooling effect paired with the Caudalie Beauty Elixir has been absolutely amazing when it's hot. I wrote a full review on the Benefit emulsion in my last post,  if you're interested in reading that. For me it isn't very hydrating so I mostly use it as a sunscreen and use my current night cream when my skin needs more moisture.

From left to right: Origin's Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser, eclos Anti-Aging Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream, Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub, & Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream

I've talked about the Korres cleanser and the Burt's Bees scrub in previous monthly favorites so I'll talk about the other products.

The presence of the two night creams is because I'm almost out of the eclos Anti-Aging Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream and have replaced it with the Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream. I actually wasn't fond of the eclos cream because this, like the Benefit moisturizer, took a while for my skin to get used to and on some days it was almost painful to put on. I know, why continue using a cream that's irritating? Whelp, because I was cheap and didn't want to waste my money. I don't buy into the whole "plant stem cells" thing, but when it wasn't burning the hell out of my skin it was pretty moisturizing. 

I use the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and while I don't notice any difference in the appearance of the pores on and around my nose, it does help with oiliness a bit. I'm not amazed by this product really, which is a bit disappointing considering it's rave reviews. But may e it's because I've only used it a handful of times, so we'll see if I change my mind.

I don't use any serums but I have been considering a toner, but even that feels like a bit too much. Because I have sensitive skin I feel like if I find a product that works and is not irritating I'll stick to it rather than trying a better product.

So that's my skincare routine, nothing special or interesting, but I feel like my skin is fairly decent at the moment so I'd rather not complicate things. What products do you use, and do you have any recommendations for people with dry/combination and sensitive skin?

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)