April 2013 Favorites

Monday, May 06, 2013



From left to right: Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub, Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser with Royal Jelly, & Maybelline Color Whisper in 30 Pin Up Peach

Long time no see, huh? Life has just caught up with me and I've been pretty busy the last few weeks, hence the lack of posts.But I've scheduled a few posts to be put up throughout this week, so please look forward to it! So here's a quick "monthly" favorites for you.

I decided to include only a few products because if I were to include everything, I'd be listing like 10 products with a little blurb on why I like them and I wanted this type of post to be more reader-friendly as my last monthly fave post was extremely long!
  • Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub I really quite like this product - it's an exfoliator that's gentle enough to be used everyday, which I've been doing for the last week (it's actually a very recent purchase!) And it's from Burt's Bees, a brand that I know doesn't have ingredients in it that I just don't like (parabens and whatnot). The exfoliating bits are made from ground pecan shells, and the smell is really lovely. I get dry patches on my cheeks throughout the year and this really gets rid of those dried patches without stripping your skin of anything it needs. I've only been using it for a week and I really love it, but we'll see how my skin is like in a month!
  • Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser with Royal Jelly I don't have much to say about this cleanser except that it doesn't dry my skin out, smells lovely, is gentle enough for sensitive skin, and doesn't have ingredients that I don't like. All in all what I look for in a cleanser. It isn't the best for removing make up, but I don't wear so much make up that that's a problem and I also use a separate cleansing wipe for that!
  • Maybelline Color Whisper in 30 Pin Up Peach I wanted a nice pink color and other attempts weren't as successful. I think I'm actually growing into a lip product junkie: my collection is starting to grow faster than my concealers! The color on this is more of a your-lips-but-better and lasts for quite a well without being very drying. I'm not sure about the entire line of "whispers" but this one has very subtle sparkles in it, which makes it look lovely regardless of lighting. I think it'll be perfect as a summery-shade as well and I'm planning on trying out different colors as well.

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)