04 April 2013

trying something new




My sister & I are lucky enough to be able to fit in each others clothes (and shoes) and sometimes I take things from her closet that I don't see her wear (and vise versa). And this happened to be something that I really wanted to try out. I have to admit leather jackets are really my thing. I feel like I'm not really "cool" enough to wear them, what with my somewhat school-girl like dressing sense and rectangular glasses, I feel a bit out of place with them. But I actually like how it looks. I suppose it's because the jacket is this light red-brown color with cool details on the sleeves and is cropped (is it just me or do you see cropped tops popping up everywhere these days?).

So my question for my readers is if you feel the same way about certain items: is there a piece of clothing or accessory that you want to try out but think that you just don't suit it? Another one for me is vintage dresses. I can appreciate how it looks on someone else but I think I'd look dreadful and out of place in one!

Wearing:
Cropped leather jacket from some boutique in SD (label says Nikibiki)
Thrifted silk shirt
UO sailboat print skirt (old)

Follow me on bloglovin! Pinterest: herspectacles Tumblr: knitscarves Twitter: @akiterine

1 comment :

  1. Great post!

    Inspiration is what I get from reading your blog,
    So that deserves a new follower :)

    Love your style and see you as such as good inspiration!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)