March 2013 Favorites

2:25 PM



Top: Reeses Minis
Bioshock Infinite & The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Bottom, from left to right: Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Raw Shea Bath, Body & Massage Oil w/Frankincense & Myrrh, e.l.f. powder brush, Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 202 Nude, eos lip balm in strawberry, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pearl 027 Violet Frenzy, e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator


I follow a lot of beauty bloggers/vloggers and know that 'monthly favorites' are something that almost everyone does and I've decided to do a post on it as well to kind of remind me what I like & why I like it. This month seemed to drag on actually so I feel like I have a lot of things that I want to mention. So, this is a really long one, so if you're interested in learning more about these products & why I happen to like them, please continue reading after the jump!

Let's start off with the non-beauty related things first. And in terms of candies I've re-fallen in love for Peeps and unfortunately I don't have a picture because they really didn't last long enough for me to take one, but before this peeps frenzy I still try and get Reeses minis because they're absolutely perfect. The regular sized Reeses peanut butter cups have too much peanut butter & the other kinds are individually wrapped, which is annoying to eat. But these are perfect. Just perfect.

This month also marked the release of two amazing & highly anticipated things: Bioshock Infinite & The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey DVD/Blu-Ray disk. I'm not one to play FPS-type games -- I'm terrible at them. So you may be scoffing at the fact that I decided to play on easy mode for Bioshock, but I really do enjoy it. I am in love with the Lutece "twins" and it makes me want to finish reading Fabric of the Cosmos, a book on "space, time, and the texture of reality", which I've been kind of putting off. With that book I feel like my mind is blown with the new information that I'm learning. But, I digress. As for the Hobbit, well, I was absolutely obnoxious when my sisters & I watched the movie in theaters with my fidgeting and fawning over all of the characters to my reciting of the "Riddles in the Dark" that I first read when I was in elementary school to the gross sobbing towards the end with my feels. And the live event was the best thing ever.

As for beauty products, here's a nice handy little list of things.
  • Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Raw Shea Bath, Body & Massage Oil w/Frankincense & Myrrh What a mouthful! But this product has treated me nicely since I've bought it. I have the raw shea butter version of this which I bought during December, but I really wanted to try this version out as well. I love this brand so much and I want to try out the green tea & olive oil version of this product as well (it smells really great). I tried using it as a straight-up moisturizer for my skin, but I didn't quite like the feel of that and it did take a while to sink in, so what I ended up doing is adding a few drops to my regular moisturizer the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion and it's been working really well. The smell of frankincense and myrrh is like a sweet and somewhat herbaceous citrus of some kind and I just like to smell it, is that weird? Frankincense and myrrh are used in aroma-therapy and apparently have anti-inflammatory properties, which I like to think has helped with my eczema. I'm planning on doing a complete review of this product later on, so please look forward to that!
  • e.l.f. Powder Brush & Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 202 Nude This foundation is really lightweight and doesn't feel like I'm wearing very much make up, which is a huge plus in my book because I avoid most make ups because of that feeling. It is more of sheer coverage, but I don't have terrible spots that need to be covered up. I've been using this powder brush to apply it, and I don't think I'll ever go back to using my fingers to apply foundation again.
  • eos lip balm in strawberry This smells like strawberry-flavored Hi-Chew, a Japanese candy which I adore and I'm a sucker for eos's packaging -- isn't it adorable?
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 027 Violet Frenzy & e.l.f. Lip exfoliator The staying power of this lipstick isn't very long, but the color is amazing. I don't wear it out much because it's a bit more "goth" than how I actually dress, but this is kind of my "gateway" into lipsticks -- I've been buying lip products ever since. And this e.l.f. lip exfoliator is brilliant idea, especially if I plan anymore forays into different lipsticks.

I also wanted to include my clothes favorites for this month, but I might include that in a completely separate post as this one is already too long! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this post and do you guys have any favorites this month that you'd like to share?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So much good stuff on here! Thanks for posting the Reese's;O) and feel free to drop by me too when the spirit moves you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)