At the moment

Friday, August 24, 2012

At this moment, I've been interested in taking better care of my skin, and these are the products that I've been using as of late.

Yes to Cucumbers Hypoallergenic Body Lotion // I switched over to this body lotion in place of my usual aveeno because I think my skin got used to the other lotion and was no longer effective. This works really well for sensitive skin as well as eczema, but is not as moisturizing as I hoped it would be.

Yes to Carrots Daily Cream Facial Cleanser // Great for sensitive skin and really works well as a cleanser. Can you tell that I love this brand? The ingredients don't have any parabens or other harsh chemicals and are mostly natural. I love it!

Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream // I highly recommend this. My eczema started flaring up when I was in high school and although the itchiness and the redness would diminish, the skin that was affected by the eczema would remain this dark color. Later on, my eczema started getting worse and that's when I found this! It doesn't really get rid of the itchiness, but I've learned how to deal with that, but it does work at gently moisturizing your skin, reducing redness, as well as dealing with those pesky dark spots. I switched to the Yes to Cucumbers lotion because it didn't seem as effective anymore, but I've recently switched back!

Yes to Carrots Nourishing Night Cream // Very moisturizing and thick, perfect for the night. It has a light smell and works fairly well. One thing though is that it contains salicylic acid (for some reason?) and it irritates the skin around my cheeks and makes them turn red. I think I'll use this just to deal with dry spots elsewhere.

Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin SPF 15 // Pretty lightweight, which is nice for the summer. Although it does smell and feel a bit like sunscreen at times, rather than a moisturizer. But it doesn't have (too many) harsh chemicals in it, so I'll finish the bottle before switching over to a more natural brand.

As you can see I try to stick to brands and products that don't really have harsh chemicals in them because my skin is sensitive. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the products, but I'm the kind of person who likes to change products every once and a while.
What about you guys? What are the products you're using at the moment and do you like them?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)